Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibody 編輯
- The thyroid microsomal antigen has been shown to be the enzyme thyroid peroxidase (TPO)
- Autoantibodies produced against TPO are capable of inhibiting the enzyme activity.
Clinical Significance: 編輯
- More than 90 percent of patients with autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) have thyroglobulin or TPO antibodies.
- found in most patients with idiopathic hypothyroidism (85%) and Graves disease (50%)
- aid in predicting the progression of chronic thyroiditis
Reference Interval: 編輯
- 0.0-2.0 IU/mL